The Innovative Environmental Solutions Competition is a Sadara Initiative, in collaboration with the Royal Commission for Jubail & Yanbu, to support and encourage talented individuals from all sectors to discover and develop innovative ideas or projects that can help conserve our natural resources or contribute to the environment’s protection.
This year’s 2022 edition is in collaboration with the National Center for Environmental Compliance for the second time, and for the first time, the Untied Nation Global Compact (Saudi Arabia) and King Abdulaziz & his Companions Foundation for Giftedness and Creativity "Mawhiba". The 2022 edition focuses on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s) and Saudi Arabia’s Vision 2030 with respect to environmental protection and natural resource conservation.
In addition, in this version we are introducing two categories:
1- Innovative Solutions Projects.
2- Developing Awareness Videos.
• To find innovative solutions with respect to conserving natural resources, reducing pollution and eliminating waste and in alignment with the U.N.’s Sustainability Development Goals (SDG’s), and 2030 Saudi Vision These mainly include:
a. Natural Resources (saving water & energy or renewable energy).
b. Pollution and Waste (reduce, reuse, recycling, recover, eliminate the impact).
• To support the U.N. SDGs and 2030 Saudi Vision by encouraging actions and initiatives on two levels:
a. Individual and collective efforts.
b. Promoting volunteerism and community efforts toward conserving the environment through coming up with their own innovative solutions.
• To increase public awareness about environmental issues and reinforce the importance of protecting the environment by encouraging the community to take action.
• To motivate the community to interact positively with environmental challenges faced today and in the future.
1. Participation is open to individuals, groups, students, universities, scientific researchers and civil society organizations in Saudi Arabia.
2. Important Notes:
⦁ Applicant(s) must be 16 years old or above.
⦁ Applicant(s) must be KSA resident.
⦁ All Sadara employees and their families are not eligible to participate.
3. Submitted projects/videos should contribute to solving/giving awareness on environmental issues or conserving natural resources such as energy and water.
4. Submitted projects/videos must be driven by and aligned with at least one of the areas specified below:
A. Project Category
• The submitted idea should be practical, applicable and have a clear relationship with environmental aspects.
• The submitted idea should either have pilot applicability proof or have gone through detailed study on a small scale.
• The submitted idea should be innovative, creative and original, taking into account intellectual property rights.
• Submitted applications shall include the following:
• The proposed topic should not exceed 5 pages in word file (required).
• Presentation in PPT not to exceed 5 slides (required).
• Highlighting reference resources and credits if any (required).
• Pictures, illustrations and graphics as much as possible.
B. Video Category
• The video should have a clear message highlighting the Environment (required).
• The video must be created by the participant himself/herself (required).
• The video and audio must be of high quality and resolution (required).
• The video must not exceed 2 minutes .
• File can be attached to explain the video objectives and main drivers (optional).
For each category, top three winners will be rewarded by Sadara as below:
6 Winners of both categories will additionally be rewarded with:
• A certificate of honor.
• Trophy of appreciation.
• Invitation to the ceremony if conducted physically.
To participate in the competition Click here
Final date for submission of entries
October 31, 2022