The Innovative Environmental Solutions Competition is a Sadara Initiative, in collaboration with the Royal Commission for Jubail & Yanbu and the National Center for Environmental Compliance, to support and encourage talented individuals from all sectors to discover and develop innovative ideas or projects that can help conserve our natural resources or contribute to the environment’s protection.
This year’s 2021 edition is focusing on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s), Saudi Arabia’s Vision 2030 and the COVID-19 Environmental Impact with respect to environmental protection and natural resource conservation.
In addition, in this version we are introducing two new categories: innovative solutions projects and developing awareness videos.
• To find innovative solutions with respect to conserving natural resources, reducing pollution and eliminating waste and in alignment with the U.N.’s Sustainability Development Goals (SDG’s), 2030 Saudi Vision and Covid-19 Environmental Impact These mainly include:
a. Natural Resources (saving water & energy or renewable energy).
b. Pollution and Waste (reduce, reuse, recycling, recover, eliminate the impact).
• To support the U.N. SDGs, 2030 Saudi Vision and COVID-19 Environmental Impact by encouraging actions and initiatives on two levels: individual and collective efforts on one level and promoting volunteerism and community efforts toward conserving the environment through coming up with their own innovative solutions.
• To increase public awareness about environmental issues and reinforce the importance of protecting the environment by encouraging the community to take action.
• To motivate the community to interact positively with environmental challenges faced today and in the future.
1. Participation is open to individuals, groups, students, universities, scientific researchers and civil society organizations in Saudi Arabia.
2. Applicant(s) must be 16y old or above.
3. Applicant(s) must be KSA resident.
4. Sadara employees and their families are not eligible to participate in this competition.
5. Submitted projects/videos should contribute to solving/giving awareness on environmental issues or conserving natural resources such as energy and water.
6. Submitted projects/videos must be driven by and aligned with at least one of the areas specified below:
A . Project Category
1. The submitted idea should be practical, applicable and have a clear relationship with environmental aspects.
2. The submitted idea should either have pilot applicability proof or have gone through detailed study on a small scale.
3. The submitted idea should be innovative, creative and original, taking into account intellectual property rights.
4. Submitted applications shall include the following:
• The proposed topic should not exceed 5 pages in word file.(required)
• Presentation in PPT not to exceed 5 slides.(required)
• Highlighting reference resources and credits if any.(required)
• Pictures, illustrations and graphics as much as possible.
B. Video Category
1. The video should have a clear message.(required)
2. The video must be created by the participant himself/herself and not through a third party.(required)
3. The video, including the audio, must be in good, high resolution.(required)
4. The video must not exceed 2 minutes.(required)
5. A supporting file can be attached to explain the video objectives and main drivers. (optional)
Winners in both categories will additionally receive:
• A certificate of honor
• A plaque of appreciation.